Re: MD software

Subject: Re: MD software
From: "Mark R." seoulgypsy
Date: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:04 am ((PST))
>An MP3 of a CD will be a better quality that an MP3 made from a
>compressed MD of the same CD. Whether that is appreciable to you only
>your own ears will tell you.

I have to say that I have been extremely surprised at the way an MD convert=
to MP3 and while I agree about everything you said about Sony's
schizophrenic business practices. The engineers at Sony did an amazing job
with the ATRAC versions that they developed. I am not sure of the validity,
but at one time I read that part of ATRAC's secret was in the way it
utilized more sounds within the 20 to 20k range by cutting out the
frequencies lower and higher than, thus making it more efficient.

Best,

Mark R.