Re: more Edirol R-09 input problems

Subject: Re: more Edirol R-09 input problems
From: "Greg Weddig" gweddig
Date: Fri Mar 9, 2007 3:45 pm ((PST))
I am not a big fan of the 1/8" or 3.5mm connector either, though it is
 an unfortunate reality in much gear.

My Sharp MT877 (consumer MD recorder) has 3.5mm jacks that extend out
of the top.  When I created a D cell battery sled for it I extended
the Plexiglas backplane to which the sled and recorder are velcro'd
beyond the connectors to help protect them.  This extension also makes
it easy to attach the cables as a primitive strain relief.  I can post
a photo in a few days if people are interested.  While not foolproof
it provides  partial protection of the delicate "mini" connectors.

--greg weddig
Baltimore, MD