Re: dawn chorus show

Subject: Re: dawn chorus show
From: "Chris Hails" chrishails50
Date: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:40 am ((PST))

> We're hoping to put together a discussion about all this on radio to
> coincide with the Bristol airing of the show.
>
> What we were agreed on is that the dawn chorus is a more complex
> phenomenon than is generally given credit, particularly in such
> densely populated habitats as woodland edge. There is intense
> competition for acoustic space and it could well be that this is the
> most stressful period of singing for the birds themselves. So maybe
> Klas is close to the state of bird!

Geoff, this is really fascinating. Having experienced hundreds (maybe
thousands ?) of dawn choruses in both tropical and temperate regions I
know exactly what you mean. I did not get stressed, but your sounds
were so "crowded", now I see why. Great stuff ! I would love to hear
your radio discussion: any chance you can eventually make available to
the group for those of us not in UK ?

Thanks