Mastering Pointers

Subject: Mastering Pointers
From: "Andy Wilson" soundraider_uk
Date: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:11 am ((PST))
i'd like to think about how to properly master location recordings for
release on, eg., CD. Afaik, I have some good software to help with this
(WaveLab Studio). However, as for the art, as opposed to the technology,
of the mastering process, I have very little to go on, as most texts on
the subject are about how to master recorded music rather than natural
sounds, wildlife, etc.

can anyone point me at a good text or give me any useful pointers?

andy