Nagra PII+

Subject: Nagra PII+
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:02 pm ((PST))
I took delivery of an Ares PII+ by Nagra today and I am really impressed.
(Dan Dugan Thank you)
It is lightweight and durable, I haven't been able to take it into the fiel=
properly yet but what I have heard is very impressive. The pre-amps are wha=
you would expect from a Nagra, very quiet. The pre-amps are on a par with
Sound devices recorders if not better, very quiet with a wonderful clarity
and presence.
One-hand operation is very good. The PII+ fits easily into my left hand
(while my right holds the mic etc.) and all controls fall under my left
thumb.
Dislikes so far, the manual is on CD with various updates so you have to
click through all versions before you get to the most current version.
Inserting batteries is basically guesswork, I tried a million permutations
and finally got the polarities right (no diagrams and mini icons to go by)

The PII+ is about twice the size of a small MD recorder, has a sound qualit=
second to none and is so easy to operate - switch on, set level, hit record=
.
Simple - and all controlled just by my left thumb, what else can I say, I
love it! It weights a mere 450g!!

Now I can say I have the ultimate back-up machine....

Martyn

Martyn Stewart

Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:

http://www.naturesound.org

Redmond. Washington. USA

N47.65543 W121.98428

e-mail: