Re: Nebie Q: UK Courses

Subject: Re: Nebie Q: UK Courses
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:07 am ((PST))
Not in UK, but for a long time I have been thinking of setting up a
course here at Telinga if there is a interest for it. April to mid
June is fine.  One of the best bird-lakes in Sweden is only 20
minutes from here. I can lead it and be available, but I don't have
time to arrange it.
An option is that you get in touch with the Rutlands Water festival
and see if they can arrange something. The disadvantage is that it is
in November.
But if you can gather a group, I'm sure that I can participate, as
probably also several others, much more experienced field workers
than I am. Many of them are going to show up in Rutlands anyway.
Martyn's advice is a third way, but if you ask me, I would say that
they tend to be quite old-fashioned.... or at least were, only a few
years ago.  any objections???

Klas.

At 16:07 2007-02-23, you wrote:
>does anyone know of any short courses in wildlife / location recording
>in the UK, maybe even based in London?
>
>I am not interested in becoming a studio engineer or similar, just
>looking for good, practical advice and experience, something to help me
>develop my hobbyist skills. I'd be happy with, eg., a weekend course,
>but evening classes, etc., are also of interest.
>
>any suggestions welcome.
>
>andy
>

>"Microphones are not ears,
>Loudspeakers are not birds,
>A listening room is not nature."
>Klas Strandberg
>Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums & communities. Li=
nks

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.
Phone & fax int + 295 310 01