Re: Zaxcom ZFR100H

Subject: Re: Zaxcom ZFR100H
From: "oryoki2000" oryoki2000
Date: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:48 am ((PST))
Marc Myers wrote:
> Does anyone know if the Zaxcom ZFR100H compact
> recorder with time code is available yet?

I don't think it's shipping yet.  Perhaps it
will in a few weeks, in time for the NAB show in April.

Check out the ZFR100H here
http://www.zaxcom.com/zfr_recorders.htm

Price for a one channel system is about $1000.

The ZFH100H's target market is TV production
companies, especially reality TV shows where
a body-wearable, physically small and light
recorder with time code is a great asset.
Add in the ability to record to removeable
flash memory cards for hours on one set of
batteries (e.g., 8 hours using a 2GB mini-SD),
and you've got a compelling package.

The ZFR100H can be made to work with the new
IFB800 Transmitter, which sends wireless commands
to the ZFR100H.  I imagine this might be of
interest when you want to start and stop recording
remotely.  For example, you place a mic and
recorder in an eagle's nest, move some distance
away, and wait for the eagle to return before
starting the recording.

--oryoki