Re: Noiselevel with 150 ohm termination

Subject: Re: Noiselevel with 150 ohm termination
From: "stoatwizard" stoatwizard
Date: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:35 pm ((PST))
Connect resistor across pins 2 and 3 of the XLR. ( or Tip and ring of
TRS jack)

To measure the gain, the method I used was to use a resistive
attenuator to pad down a higher level signal that is more easily
measured into the input, and calculate the signal level at the input.
Along the general lines of

http://www.wildlife-sound.org/equipment/himd/himdmyths_meas.html

That way you have a chance of presenting the device with a small
signal
but present your measurement gear with a larger signal. I used 180ohm
as the shunt leg to ground but 150 is recommended.

--- In  Gianni Pavan <>