Re: equipment for elephant sound recording

Subject: Re: equipment for elephant sound recording
From: "Wild Sanctuary" bigchirp1
Date: Mon Jan 8, 2007 1:58 pm ((PST))
In my experience, the Sennheiser MKH 20s work pretty well, Pratap.
Since they record down to 15 Hz you will pick up most of the
infrasound elephants (African plains and forest, and Asian species)
emit. Also, in a pinch many hydrophones will work, also, since as
transducers the can couple with airborne signals. However, they tend
to be noisy unless it's a real good one.

Bernie

--
Wild Sanctuary
P. O. Box 536