Re: Hi-MD Dynamic Range (was My MZ-RH1 mic in: -122.8 dBu noise floo

Subject: Re: Hi-MD Dynamic Range (was My MZ-RH1 mic in: -122.8 dBu noise floo
From: "Bruce Wilson" bruceumba
Date: Wed Jan 3, 2007 12:59 pm ((PST))
Hey, Rob,  you're right, I do have an 800. I use 700 and 800 models
interchangeably, as they are identical. The only difference, as I recall, i=
that the 800 includes the inline remote/tuner headphone extension cord.

I too have moved to low-sensitivity recording settings when using the
minidisc. If the signal is too low during the recording I can boost it in
post and it sounds about as noisy as the high-sens position. High-sens is
fun if I want to hear the sounds of the world exaggerated.

Bruce Wilson
http://science.uvsc.edu/wilson