Re: Toughbook computers

Subject: Re: Toughbook computers
From: "Rich Peet" richpeet
Date: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:39 pm ((PST))
CF-29. It is the best laptop made but you really need to care about
data or field use to justify paying about 5 times what a consumer
laptop costs.

There are a lot of options to choose from when you get one built.
For nature recordist field use I would recommend passing on the touch
screen. Go for the Back lit keyboard, Cell phone for your brand of
vendor to keep internet, and GPS is a tough choice because of the
options cost.  I use external GPS.

I will be placing one custom armor plate on the bottom and Car mount
plateforms can be found on e-bay as the police tend to put in new with
a new car.  The car mounting plate has not changed over the last 5 years.

All the state police use them in my area because of the daylight
screen so all you have to do to check one out is drive 85 mph.

Rich