Re: Weird sound help

Subject: Re: Weird sound help
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:31 pm ((PST))
Karia and Steve--
Your observations are consistent with the "squawky" calls that can
continue for long periods this time of year in West Central
Wisconsin.  Interesting.  Steve's call is lower-pitched and a bit
"hornier" than the calls I typically hear. I'd describe those I hear
as less throaty and a tad screechier.  I've thought these calls were
only made by GHO juveniles because of the sound samples I
encountered. Thanks for the education! Rob D.

--
Rob Danielson
Peck School of the Arts