Re: Hi-MD recorders

Subject: Re: Hi-MD recorders
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Thu Nov 2, 2006 10:39 am (PST)
At 9:17 AM -0800 11/2/06, Gene Dorcas wrote:
>Hi All,
>

>Does anyone have any info on Sony's future plans for Hi-MD.  It looks like
>the RH1 and M200  are the only 2 they're shipping now.  It would really be
>cool if there was an inexpensive, small flash recorder with good mic pream=
ps
>like the Hi-MD recorders.

Because I record for long durations, I'd go for 4GB and larger flash
capacity, but flash is so dern expensive,.. I'd rather be able to
take 20 -reusable 1GB discs on a trip (inital cost $120) and not have
to use the computer at all for downloads. More PIP voltage/current.
Then usb simple drag-copy.  I like the rotary knobs/buttons on first
generation models best. There's lots of stuff to add like 24 bit
recording, but I think $300 is a good price point to target. Based on
current availability, another unit >$200 with the same, "unpopular"
;-) features would sell well. Rob D.