Re: [gear] one-bit field recorders from Korg

Subject: Re: [gear] one-bit field recorders from Korg
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Sun Oct 8, 2006 9:29 am (PDT)
At 4:29 AM +0000 10/8/06, Danny Meltzer wrote:
>Is the idea that the noise floor advantage is retained even though you
>are converting the file to PCM in the end?  If not...what's the point?

Yes, the entire system, not just the converters. My mac also can't
handle 6 channels of 24/192 audio as is.

I whirled through http://www.beis.de/Elektronik/DeltaSigma/SigmaDelta.html
In theory, its imaginable with challenges like low level field
recordings, that one might have more control with digital post
processing tools. Does any one know: Wouldn't the audio card, audio
application and plugs have to designed to support delta sigma data in
order to reap a significant change?  Rob D.