Soundtransit.nl News: One Year + Forum

Subject: Soundtransit.nl News: One Year + Forum
From: "Derek Holzer" derekatumaticdotnl
Date: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:11 pm (PDT)
Soundtransit.nl News: One Year + Forum

http://soundtransit.nl/

---About Soundtransit.nl

Soundtransit.nl is an online, collaborative soundscape project by Sara
Kolster, Marc Boon and Derek Holzer dedicated to field recording and
phonography. BOOK a sonic transit through a wide range of different
locations recorded from around the world, or SEARCH the database for
specific sounds by keyword, artist, country or location.

---One Year!

Soundtransit recently celebrated it's first year online. Currently we
have almost 250 members who have contributed close to 1000 sounds,
ranging from birdcalls to cityscapes and from empty rooms to cities
under siege. We'd like to thank the members who made this first year so
great, and look forward to many more.

---Soundtransit announces it's new Forum at:

http://soundtransit.nl/forum/

We created this forum for Soundtransit users and visitors to create more
communication, feedback and community for the site and for field
recordists and phonographers in general. Here you can discuss the theory
and practice of field recording, ask technical questions, make site
suggestions, promote your gig or release or sell used gear.

We don't intend for this forum to replace such valuable mailing lists as
the Nature Recordists, Phonography or Mic Builders Yahoo groups.
However, this forum is completely public and web-searchable, and we hope
that this will provide reason for members to post useful articles which
might otherwise get lost on a busy mailing list with a private,
non-web-searchable archive, or for which you might like to provide an
easy web link.

Joining this forum is open and unmoderated. But please note that it is a
different account than the one you use to upload sounds, which is
moderated! So if you would like to join the forum, please use the
"Register" button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. And if
you would like to upload sounds to Soundtransit, please do the following: