Re: Request for info: primate vocalization recording equipment

Subject: Re: Request for info: primate vocalization recording equipment
From: "Marc Myers" buffymarmoset
Date: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:04 am (PDT)
For what you want in the less expensive range the M-Audio 24/96 is
probably the best bet. Its battery is internal however, so you have to
record for long periods of time you will have to buy a USB adapter and
an external battery supply. Incidently, with very few exceptions, these
new recorders are not really quiet enough to take advantage of 24 bit
recording even when it it available as a choice. Stay with 16 bit and
save space. Make sure that the flash memory you buy is compatible. Not
everything that's presently made can keep up.

If your wife has some good recordings, I'd love to hear them. I'm
presently working on a project that, in part, includes cataloging
primate calls. I haven't gotten to that part yet, so I'm not yet giving
it my full attention but I will be actively soliciting, probably in the
new year.

Good luck

Marc