Re: sibillance with NT1-A pair

Subject: Re: sibillance with NT1-A pair
From: "Allen Cobb" ashtangakasha
Date: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:53 pm (PDT)
Thanks, Rob -- One subtlety I didn't mention is that the PMD-670
hadn't been used in a few weeks, and the time of day was lost. I
don't remember that happening before, and I have to check if
there's a battery for that... But perhaps there IS a realtime
clock battery, and it was low or flakey, and this threw
something off.

I guess I'll find out if it's repeatable over the next few days.
I've got a couple of location sessions coming up. Fortunately,
both are favors, not for $$$.

I'm wondering if perhaps the mics got REALLY damp, so damp it
took weeks (at an ambient 75% humidity) to dry out. That is a
real, though somewhat remote, possibility. Although I don't know
if a damp (and presumably limp and wrinkly) diaphragm would
produce sibilance.

ac

Allen Cobb
http://timbreproductions.com