Re: Human body sounds

Subject: Re: Human body sounds
From: "Wild Sanctuary" bigchirp1
Date: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:27 am (PDT)
Had it built by a private investigator, Hal Lipset, who is
unfortunately no longer alive. He's the same fellow on whom aspects
of the Francis Ford Coppola movie, "The Conversation," was partially
based. In the late 60s he developed a microphone that fit in a
martini olive so that he could record conversations of a suspect at a
party. Mine was based on that system only 15 years later, it was much
smaller and more powerful. I occasionally worked with Lipset in the
field of audio forensics realted to a few of his cases. There are
some books about and by him if you want to get momentarily diverted
like Bug in the Martini Olive and Other True Cases from the Files of
Hal Lipset, Private Eye by Patricia Holt, and others.

The very low level ultrasound body sounds can mostly be found in the
viruses that live in the body and which have been recorded by
researchers (and published) living and working in the UK. You won't
be able to get them with available technology as it requires very
special equipment. I'll provide references on request if you want
them.

Bernie Krause

>Hello there, this is Harry. You replied to my message concerning
>ultrasonic recording of the human body.
>Thanks very much for your reply! I wish you still had those sounds!!
>I have been thinking about injesting a small contact microphone on a
>lead and then pulling it back out, but using a wireless mic sounds
>like a great idea. Do you have any idea where I might be able to
>purchase a wireless mic similar to the one you used?
>With regards to ultrasound from the human body, I'm not too sure
>either. I did download some ultrasonic recordings of breathing
>though, obviously detuned, but with quite an unusual quality,
>similar to a dentists drill.
>Once again, thanks for your help. Its good to find out about someone
>else injesting a microphone. I thought maybe it was a rediculous
>idea but, I suppose one has to go to these lenghts for the sake of
>art...........? I shall keep you informed of my progress!
>Harry

>FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now!

Wild Sanctuary
P. O. Box 536
Glen Ellen, CA 95442
t. 707-996-6677