Re: UK Bird ID ?

Subject: Re: UK Bird ID ?
From: "David Harris" g8ina
Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 7:16 am (PDT)
--- In  Geoff Sample <> wrote:

> A bit of a tester, that - there are 3 different species in there
> (apart from the cluck).

A glitch or a possible game bird ? pheasants come to the garden daily,
mother son and daughter...

> Robin doing the fast repeated 'tic's

Yep.

> Dunnock doing monosyllabic whistled 'too's (lower pitched than the
> Coal Tit)
> Coal Tit doing the 'wee-teuy's and a single 'wee' at one point.
> Makes a change to have a UK ID question.
> Geoff.

Thanks Geoff and all who took the time to look and listen !

I was aware of the background Robin, but the other two (Coal Tit and
Dunnock) must have been sitting on each others laps! My mic is very
directional, only a couple of degrees, and the sonogram shows such
perfect timing....

Anyway, it's still showing as Gt Tit for now, and I've also added a
couple of others here :
http://tinyurl.com/nsyhm

I just hope I've got these right, but now suspect my 2nd Gt Tit is in
fact a Coal Tit. I know my Robin is right cuz I was looking at him at
the time ! Feel free to offer any corrections, it's just one biog
learning curve for me :)

Still waiting to grab that elusive Grasshopper Warbler... More
questions on ID will almost certainly follow (If you'll have me of course)

Regards,

David Harris

http://www.harrisphotography.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Bird002.mp3