Re: Great Horned Owl recordings & Great Gray Owl recordings

Subject: Re: Great Horned Owl recordings & Great Gray Owl recordings
From: "cameron rognan" rognancameron
Date: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:58 pm (PDT)
Karla,

I have some GHOW recordings that you may be interested in. Im working on a
masters thesis at Humboldt State University in California. I am conducting a
similar project to yours, except I am studying the vocalizations of Great
Gray Owls. While searching for these owls I often encounter Great Horned
Owls. I have recordings of about 6 of them, including males, females and
juveniles. These recordings are from Central California. If you are
interested in them let me know how to send them to you. I would probably
have to make a cd and send it to you in the mail because they are all
digital wave files and too large to send as an email attachment. Also,
please let me know if you have any success in finding GHOW recordings from
this forum, or by other means. I too would like to collect more vocal
samples from other places but haven't gotten around to it. If you find some
good sources could you please send me some contact info so I can see if they
have any great gray owl recordings as well.

Thanks a lot, Cameron Rognan