Re: Great Horned Owl recordings

Subject: Re: Great Horned Owl recordings
From: "Rich Peet" richpeet
Date: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:17 pm (PDT)
--- In  "Ken & Karla Kinstler"
<> wrote:

> I'm new to this list, although I know a few of you already.

Welcome Karla good to see you here.
I have been booked helping a business rebound and with my family in
that stuff.  Sorry I have not been able to meet your mates.

I can not think of a better place to put one of my mkh-110's for a
year or so on loan.  If it dies do not worry as I am starting to get
good at fixing them.  I know you were thinking of the ME-66 for your
GHO's and I do not believe that is a good choice.  You can use it to
minimize off axis sound you do not want, but the GHO is so low in
pitch that a shotgun is not going to give you much of a sense of
direction.  In Owling I prefer the mkh-110.

I will contact you off list to arrange a drop off before 9/1.

Rich Peet

"Microphones are not ears,
Loudspeakers are not birds,
A listening room is not nature."