GHOW recordings

Subject: GHOW recordings
From: "Ken & Karla Kinstler" karlaowl
Date: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:35 am (PDT)
Thanks, Rich, I'd like to give your mkh-110 a year-long test drive!  And thanks
to the others of you that have offered your recordings.

On a related note, now that I have a good digital recorder as opposed to a
cassette recorder, I was finally able to get a clean recording of my Great
Horned Owl's stressed heart rate (it just pounds when she knows she's going to
see a cat.)  You can hear it at
http://birderblog.com/bird/OwlStuff/AliceHeartrateFast.mp3, but one person
noted that it can be tricky to hear over the hum of a laptop fan.  Her heart
cranks away at 330 beats per minute, as opposed to her normal resting rate of
90.  I wasn't able to get a resting heart rate recording since I couldn't pick
it up with my mike without sticking it into her feathers, but the feathers made
more noise than her resting heart.

Karla
Karla Kinstler
19268 Perkins Valley Dr