Re: Oktava mk series figure eight capsule

Subject: Re: Oktava mk series figure eight capsule
From: "cfmspencer" cfmspencer
Date: Mon Jul 3, 2006 9:10 am (PDT)
--- In  Derek Holzer <>
wrote:

> Hi Clay,
>
> cfmspencer wrote:
>
> > if anyone knows of any 8s of similar size and noise to the
> > Mkh-30, please let me know.
>
> Although not as quiet, the MBHO mic series seems popular among the
> concert taper crowd. They make a Figure-8 capsule which I have not
> listened to yet. Might be worth investigating. I eventually went
with a
> second-hand MKH 30 however. Only problem was it turned out to have
> defective capsule which had to be replaced (hopefully at sellers
> expense!)...
>
> best,
> d.

thanks Derek, for the suggestion.
I've been perusing the taperssection forum lately but hadn't noticed
that.

I also was reading an exchange between Aaron and yourself
last night (about binaural mics) in the archives, so
thanks much for forwarding that on as well.

I have a lot to learn, and the archives here are a very valuable
source, although it seems that several posted URLS (for sound
sample, e.g.) no longer work.

cheers,
clay