Re: 24 bit recording (was M/S decoding help

Subject: Re: 24 bit recording (was M/S decoding help
From: "maxfrick78" maxfrick78
Date: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:09 pm (PDT)
Dan, thanks for making that clear..
Rob, I see your point, on a 16 bit-recording medium a medium level of -40dB=
FS should be
okay but does not feel like a very comfortable saturation. If recording in =
24 bits it should
be fine, you would still have a higher signal to noise ratio than on a full=
y saturated 16 bit
recording. At least that's what theory says. Maybe you should really make t=
hat 16/24 bit
comparison.
max