Re: Sony MZ-RH1 unable to transfer tracks recorded with MD r

Subject: Re: Sony MZ-RH1 unable to transfer tracks recorded with MD r
From: ". g . n . w ." synapticdistortion
Date: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:54 pm (PDT)
On 11 Jul 2006 at 1:15, ccavigioli wrote:

> Thanks, both, for the replies. I'm using a standard 80min MD, not the Hi-=
MD. The MD was
> recorded in standard mode on an older MD recorder. AND I LEFT THE MD IN W=
RITE-
> PROTECTED MODE using the small slide switch. Is that the problem? It seem=
s the SonicStage
> help file says you MUST leave the MD write-enabled. I was hoping this may=
 have been a typo.
> What will the transferring process WRITE to my MD? -chris

Chris,

You do need to have the MD write-enabled.  I'm not certain what exactly get=
s written to the
disc, but this is apparently an artifact from an earlier version of SS (3.1=
 possibly?) where the
number of uploads was limited.  That restriction is gone now, but the requi=
rement for the disc
to be write-enabled remains.  Hopefully this "feature" will get removed fro=
m a future version
of the software . . . certainly makes me uncomfortable during transfers.

george

"Microphones are not ears,
Loudspeakers are not birds,
A listening room is not nature."