Re: Sony MZ-RH1 unable to transfer tracks recorded with MD r

Subject: Re: Sony MZ-RH1 unable to transfer tracks recorded with MD r
From: "ccavigioli" ccavigioli
Date: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:20 pm (PDT)
Thanks, both, for the replies.  I'm using a standard 80min MD, not the Hi-M=
D.  The MD was recorded in standard mode on an older MD recorder.  AND I LE=
FT THE MD IN WRITE-PROTECTED MODE using the small slide switch.  Is that th=
e problem?  It seems the SonicStage
 help file says you MUST leave the MD write-enabled.  I was hoping this may=
 have been a typo.  What will the transferring process WRITE to my MD?  -ch=
ris
--- In  ". g . n . w ." <> wrote=
:

> On 10 Jul 2006 at 7:39, ccavigioli wrote:
>
> > I just purchased the MZ-RH1 because I would like to transfer older MD t=
racks, recorded as live
> > nature sounds on an older Sony MD recorder, to my PC for further editin=
g there. This was
> > advertized as being possible, yet now, upon trying this out, it appears=
 to not be possible after all
> > with SonicStage Ver.3.4. The help file says this operation "may not be =
able to be transferred back
> > to My Library on your computer: (1) tracks transferred from another com=
puter -or- (2) tracks
> > recorded using a device other than a computer (for example, an MD deck)=
"

> > Has anyone been successful with what I am trying to do?
>

> I've had my MZ-RH1 for a few weeks, and while I haven't yet had the oppor=
tunity to do much
> with it, I have tested the transfer of some recordings done on my old MZ-=
R37.  Using