mono hookup of WL183 to minidisc

Subject: mono hookup of WL183 to minidisc
From: "waynepadge" waynepadge
Date: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:45 pm (PDT)
Greetings,

I have gotten a Shure WL183 and I plan to wire it to a 1/8" miniplug
for  minidisc input roughly as described here:
http://www.uwm.edu/People//type/audio-reports/Shure-WL183s/images/ShureWR-1=
83WiringNoTA4M%27s.jpg

My problem is I only bought one mike for now, and that raises the
question of what to do with the other channel.  I got a stereo plug
because I hope to get the other mike later, and because shorting the
two channels together with a mono plug seemed unwise.  The obvious
thing to do seems to be to just leave the unused channel unconnected.
 I'm hoping it won't pick up much inside the shielded plug housing,
and crosstalk shouldn't be much of an issue anyway.  I could parallel
the two channels to one mike (hard to guess what the PIP would do with
that), or ground out the other channel also probably not good for the
PIP), or I could try AC coupling the other channel to ground (hard to
fit in the plug).

So has anybody got a suggestion as to the best option for disposing of
the "other" channel?

Thanks for your advice.
-Wayne

"Microphones are not ears,