Powering the Art Phantom II

Subject: Powering the Art Phantom II
From: "mopani" wyness2001
Date: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:17 pm (PDT)
I'm building a DIY shockmount for two NT1as and am at the point where I'm w=
orking out how to lay out the phantom power and HiMD.

I notice that there are two possibilities for powering the Art Phantom II, =
either by 12 volts via the DC in or by two 9 volt batteries via the battery=
 compartment.

I'd be grateful if anyone can answer some questions regarding these options=
.

First, any tips on wiring up an 8 x 1.5 volt battery holder  to the 12 volt=
 input would be welcome. I have one of those connectors that you get with a=
n AC/DC adaptor which ends in two pins. I could solder a battery lead to th=
at but it's not very elegant.

Secondly, if anybody has used the Art Phantom II, have you any estimates of=
 battery life for both power options? And I suppose I should ask which opti=
on is preferable.

Finally, if I have both options connected up, which is the default?

Thanks in anticipation.

James