Re: Edirol R-09 or MAudio Microtrack?

Subject: Re: Edirol R-09 or MAudio Microtrack?
From: "beppopatina" beppopatina
Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:23 am (PDT)
--- In  Dale Hoffman <> wrote:

> Hello Recordists,
>
> I've been reading with interest the comments on Edirol's new R-09 and
> wonder if anyone had practical comparisons to make between it and
> MAudio's Microtrack 24/96. One big physical difference I have noticed
> is that the Edirol uses store bought batteries, while the
> Microtrack's batteries can't be removed.

Over at taperssection.com the R-09 and microtrack are being discussed at le=
ngth. The
microtrack does not have many fans there for various reasons: noisy preamps=
, noisy line
in, software glitches, and in one instance an exploding battery!

the r-09 is very new, so there is less info about use in the field, but pre=
liminary reports
are promising.