MKH question

Subject: MKH question
From: "Derek Holzer" derekatumaticdotnl
Date: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:13 pm (PDT)
I recently got a used MKH 30, and on listening to it I found that it had
some occasional pops and sputters audible above the normal noise floor
of the mic. They are audible with a gain of 60 dB or so, using with both
my SD 722 and RME QuadMic preamps, and with different cables. I sent the
mic to Sennheiser Germany for service and they said there wasn't a
problem and sent it back. So, my question is: am I being too picky or
was their service center in a hurry? What kind of spec should this mic
provide, and has anybody else had a similar situation?

best,
d.
--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl