Re: recording audio on a Nagra IV SJ

Subject: Re: recording audio on a Nagra IV SJ
From: "Dan Dugan"
Date: Thu May 18, 2006 4:45pm(PDT)
Fernando de Izuzquiza, you wrote:

>Dan, thanks for the info and advise.
>I own a Zaxcom Deva V  (I'm a field recordist)
>I wanted the SJ for special low freq recordings but the hassle is too much=
.

>It was used extensively to record low freq elephant talk though (to
>get the thread more
>group on-topic =3D:P ) but my cat, she is more on the soprano range.

At the low-frequency end, digital recording theoretically goes all
the way down below weather, to DC. I imagine that the major high-pass
effect in a recorder would be the coupling capacitors in the mic
preamp and converter. It shouldn't be hard to up-value those to
achieve lower-frequency capability. I suggest that you inquire of
Zaxcom whether such a mod might be possible.

Search the archives of this list for information about the Sennheiser
11tp:/cs that were made for low-frequency acquisition.

-Dan Dugan