Re: microphone a moving beast

Subject: Re: microphone a moving beast
From: "Graham Evans"
Date: Sat May 20, 2006 6:27pm(PDT)
>  Graham No disparagement or disincentive intended. I love the idea.
>  Where in Australia?

None taken Marc. I do think it was worth pointing out, as you did, the
risks and the need to have some professional advice and am glad it is
'on the record'.

I am in the town of Northcliffe.  Total population 250 in the town and
500 in surrounding region. It is in the South West of Western Australia
on the edge of D'Entrecasteaux National Park. This a huge wilderness
area - a mixture of Karri Forest and coastal scrub and one of the
world's biodiversity hotspots. If you want to see that biodiversity you
need to be here in wildflower season - truly stunning.  I am working on
a 'Northcliffe Naturally' website with lots of photos but it ain't quite
up yet.  I will post a link when it is.

Northcliffe is associated with both the Karri forest (Karri's are the
worlds third biggest tree) and the lower coastal scrub.  The 1.2km
sculpture trail (the project for which I am developing audio tours) runs
from the low scrub area into the forest and back out again.

This is an ex-timber town (unfortuntately still some logging going on)
trying to reinvent itself with art and nature based tourism.

Graham