FW: binaural stuff

Subject: FW: binaural stuff
From: "Rob Danielson"
Date: Fri May 26, 2006 1:33pm(PDT)
At 9:23 PM +0200 5/26/06, derek holzer wrote that:

>Aaron Ximm wrote:

<snip>

>  The Telingas look like a really interesting option but I've never
>used them and my impression is Klas is hand making them for people,
>that they're not really productized at the moment.

Hi Derek--
I agree with Aaron that binaurals wired for your 722 are maybe not a
great investment with their higher self noise and ease of using them
with an Hi-MD. I'd  definitely rent/try-out the Schoeps first; many
film houses rent them. Klas's mic is the model EM-23 and he can make
them about a bit less than 2" long I believe, which is larger than
183's.  Offer some fine single malt scotch and don't be in a huge
hurry ;-)

I keep hoping curiosity will over-whelm Mike Feldman and he'll tear
into his AT3032's to see if the caps can be removed and actively
wired. Somebody has to do this,...  Rob D.