Re: Re: Stereo Patterns

Subject: Re: Re: Stereo Patterns
From: Wild Sanctuary <>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:32:30 -0700
Sorry, Brian. I'm not absolutely up to date on specifics or the
latest "stuff" (as Dan rightly pointed out). Since 1988, I've been
using mostly the Sennheiser MKH30/40 or 30/50 mic combos. Given the
broad range of thermal (-30F to 118F) and humidity conditions
(approaching 100%), I've found nothing that is more reliable. As I
try to hit home in my book/CD, "Wild Soundscapes: Discovering the
Voice of the Natural World," every choice we make in terms of mic and
data capture systems, as well as recording sites, recording times,
and setup, will have an impact on the results of our work. There are
so many permutations that come to play in the brew of things
soundwise. It ain't like point & shoot photography.

BK