Re: noise problem

Subject: Re: noise problem
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:24:18 -0600
Yes. It does seem like its recorder-electronic (internal). The
writing cycle uses more power which I've observed can impact high
gain pre performance in subtle ways. (though it less likely with
external phantom set-up).  Maybe isolate the problem by getting it to
happen and leaving the HiMD in record mode while you: 1) substitute
the NT1A's with another pair of phantom mics; 2) substitute the pb224
with a mic that runs on PIP or self powered; 3) If the noise is still
happening, run the same Nt1A->PB224 combo into another recorder. Rob
D.

--
Rob Danielson
Film Department