Re: first field test of my Telinga EM23s

Subject: Re: first field test of my Telinga EM23s
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:37:57 +0100
Dan, find me the 3 mm flexible cable, strong enough, and I will fulfill
your wish. It's on my wish list too.
On my wish list is also a good clamp which does not break and is strong
enough to fasten to cloth and branches etc.
But I make the housing out of brass. Aluminium adds a lot of mf and hf
handling noise. The housing must also be as heavy as possible.
The only big problem is to paint it, make it good.looking. Every good
treatment of the brass gets very expensive / unit if I cannot sell a lot.
The paint I can apply myself, tends to come off easily.

Klas.

At 02:42 2006-03-23, you wrote:
>I did about an hour and a half of recording with my new Telinga EM23s
>in Joshua Tree National Park. Sunday night I recorded water trickling
>and frogs at the 49 Palms oasis. Monday morning I recorded birds
>around the Indian Cove Campground.
>
>I mounted them in the windscreen domes on the shoulders of my vest
>and recorded on my Sharp MD-MS722.
>
>I was amazed at what a step up they were from the 183s. The ability
>to hear into the distance was phenomenal. In the studio I used a
>Waves Q2 equalizer plug-in to take down the 6500Hz frequency response
>hump and boost the top end a little. I'll have to wait till I record
>a waterfall to tweak the EQ just right.
>
>Sorry I have a lot of catching up to do in the office and can't
>upload a sample yet.
>
>Wish list: A smaller package--like an aluminum tube just long enough
>for the IC and a cable clamp. More flexible cable.
>
>-Dan Dugan
>

>"Microphones are not ears,
>Loudspeakers are not birds,
>A listening room is not nature."