Re: SD-722 "static?" (was New file uploaded...)

Subject: Re: SD-722 "static?" (was New file uploaded...)
From: Dan Dugan <>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 07:49:43 -0800
I've been experiencing similar interference on a variety of systems
in the past few weeks. I've heard it on my computer's speaker system,
and I just got it in a recording on my Sharp MD-MS722 down in Joshua
Tree National Park. I think it's radio interference that's strong
enough to overwhelm the ordinary suppression measures.

I've recently changed to a Cingular cell phone, and I wonder if the
interference is my phone checking in with its network. Once I heard
it on my computer speakers just before my cell phone rang. In Joshua
Tree I had my phone in my pocket.

-Dan Dugan