Re: Beaver Download

Subject: Re: Beaver Download
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 21:52:26 -0000
Agreed,
Get permission from the state gov "which should not be hard and
should be free".  In some states the land owners permission is also
needed. You can then put a notch in an active beaver dam "sounds
easier than it is".  The beaver will return to the dam that same day
or night and make repairs. Video will then be easy.

In my area we have more beavers than beaver dams.  The ones without
there own dams are called "bank beavers".  They live in tunnels built
in stream and lake banks. The bank beavers still fall trees.  If you
don't want to tackle a dam or permissions you can locate the newest
cut trees and assume that the beaver will return to that spot until
all of the young trees at that site are felled.  They usually use a
single point to enter and exit the water and you can locate that by
the trail out of the water made by a "wet critter"

Rich

--- In  "John Hartog"
<> wrote:

> Hi JR,
> I doubt they'd care about a camera, since they have poor eyesight.
> There ears and noses are good, so you'd better be downwind and
silent.
>  They tend to lay low until sunset, becoming most active at night:
any