Re: Jaguar Sounds

Subject: Re: Jaguar Sounds
From: Wild Sanctuary <>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:39:57 -0800
I used to carry no defensive technology, JR. No longer. When I'm in
Alaska, working alone out on the tundra, I typically carry a .44
Magnum pistol, pepper spray, and heavy-duty insect repellent. When
with others it's a sawed-off 12-guage shot gun with alternated slugs
and 20.00 buck shot. I should add that although I've had some close
encounters since beginning to work in the Arctic in the late 70s,
I've never found cause to use a weapon for anything but target
practice but am not reluctant to do so if the occasion arises and I
feel my life or that of others is endangered. I have never hunted or
killed an animal in my life (except for occasional fishing for food,
BTW).

Grizzly Man is a terrific movie and a must for anyone working in the
wild. Werner Herzog, the director, put together a work of art from
Tredwell's videos shot over a dozen years that every nature-lover
should see.

Bernie

--
Wild Sanctuary