Re: Re: Locating gunshots by sound

Subject: Re: Re: Locating gunshots by sound
From: Steve Pelikan <>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:14:28 -0500
All:

Yes!  I second  Spiesberger '05 as worthy of study.

The only setting I've been successful in doing automated locating of
biological interest has been with Song Sparrows and Indigo Buntings in
the middle of a big field: no echo from vegetation, birds and
microphones all near ground etc.

Rich might get lucky in that gunshots are so distict and loud that he
might be able to identify/align  them in different signals even after
they've passed through a forest. I can't wait to learn whether it works.

SP