Re: DVD-R vs. CD-R

Subject: Re: DVD-R vs. CD-R
From: Volker Widmann <>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:31:08 +0100
My humble approach to saving data other than using a good quality writer
and matching blank discs is making at least two copies using different
high quality blanks at a medium writing speed. As I usually have larger
amounts of data I use DVD-Rs. I have so far never had any problems with
data loss (kocking on wood...). Yet my experience with DVD-Rs going not
back further than three years.
I would be interested to know what ewxperience the other members of this
group have, especially the ones with a professional background.

Volker