Re: Editing Software

Subject: Re: Editing Software
From: Gianni Pavan <>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 12:25:35 +0100
Even if Audition is the software I use for almost all my editing
needs I find it unsatisfactory for these features:

1 - when loading a multichannel file it splits each channel to a
separate file, thus you can't view and edit all channels together
(when I need to edit multichannel files I use Audacity)

2 - when working on huge files (I mean >500MB) it takes a lot of time
to create peak files, and to save.

3 - with some file formats it does not keep peak files and thus it
recreates them each time the file is opened

4 - each time you modify the markers in a file (cuts, labels and
other markers) you need to resave the whole file and this may take a
lot of time on huge files (I normally work on 2GB files)

5 - spectral analysis features are very limited

6 - it is not easy to maintain a fixed time axis. When I need to
compare signals, I love to maintain a fixed time axis and eventually
divide or multiply its size by 2, 4, 10, etc.

7 - if you have many sound devices, for example to be compared or to
switched often, their selection is a bit clumsy.

Gianni

At 23.43 09/12/2005, John Hartog wrote:

>Before I go ahead and purchase Adobe Audition, has anyone found it
>unsatisfactory?
>
>John Hartog

Gianni Pavan
Email
Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
Universita' degli Studi di Pavia
Via Taramelli 24, 27100 PAVIA, ITALIA
Tel        +39-0382-987874
Fax        +39-02-700-32921