Re: gmail

Subject: Re: gmail
From: Paul Coopmans <>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 00:40:12
At 19:50 05-12-05 -0500, you wrote:

>On 12/5/05, Ed Anson <> wrote:
>> I know it's not likely to happen, but what I would really like is to
>> have this group on UseNet. Using even the simplest news reader, I can
>> rapidly skip over topics that don't interest me and easily follow
>> threads that catch my interest. Using my mail reader, I have to visit
>> each and every message, if only to mark it read.
>
>I would recommend getting a gmail account, making a filter that
>automatically labels anything with "[Nature Recordists]" in the
>subject as Nature-recordists, and subscribing to the list that way.
>
>I do this for this list and several others.  I read what I want to
>read, and ignore the rest and it doesn't clutter up my main email
>account at all.  Plus, it gives you great searching abilities using
>google's search features.
>
>If anyone wants a gmail account, i have a ton of invites.  Though I
>think anybody can get an account now...

Is this one of these e-mail accounts where one has to remain on-line to
read the mail? Expensive phone bills at the end of the month ... I much
rather recommend Eudora Light which I use: mail comes in, one disconnects,
and off the subject titles one can quickly delete what one doesn't want ...

Cheers, Paul