Re: should we change the name of this group to geartalk

Subject: Re: should we change the name of this group to geartalk
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 10:45:24 -0600
Jim's idea is a good one. Quite a few lists use a 2nd header to help
with search and sorting (even to the trash). Best if they're short;
most use brackets. We could shorten the "[Nature Recordists]" header
to accommodate the extra space required:

[NatRec] [SOU] = Posted Sound(s) and comments about.
[NatRec] [NEWS] = Workshops, Topic-related news, political discussions
[NatRec] [ANI] = Animal related questions not related to sound postings
[NatRec] [TECH] = gear, even if its "news."
[NatRec] [OT] = Off Topic, humor, list administration questions, etc.

and others, or change these. Rob D.
  = = = =