Handling noise

Subject: Handling noise
From: "tubesdumpsterfandango" <>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 04:48:28 -0000
Hi all, I recently made up a parabolic mic heavily inspired by Greg
Kunkel's illustration. I used a piece of 1 inch by 1/8th inch aluminum
strip to stabilize the reflector. It runs from the bottom of the pvc
handle to the bottom edge of the reflector. I drilled a hole in the
strip at the balance point of the whole device and tapped a 1/4-20
thread in the hole so that it can be attached to a tripod. It  coould
also be attached to a monopod if desired, but the hands free aspect
once you are recording is nice. This is of course not an option if
going into dense brush. If anyone would like a picture I would be
happy to send it on.
Jim Kelly