Re: Using a Telinga Microphone in winter.

Subject: Re: Using a Telinga Microphone in winter.
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:37:00 -0000
I have experience with a number of mics at very low temps but not the
telinga.  In general, allow time for the mic to cool to the ambient
temps.  This is to eliminate pops as it contracts and this can occur
for up to an hour if you use a wind screen that also works as a
blanket for the mic.  Also, remember when you bring it back inside
that you will have condensation as it warms up and you should allow
enough time for it to dry completely before going outside again.=20

Mark and I experienced last winter that just a few mins of taking a
cold video recorder into a warm house is enough time to lock the
condensation sensor for an hour.

Rich

--- In  David Shepherd
<> wrote:

> Dear all
>=20=20
>   I have a quick question.
>=20=20
>   Last week my Telinga microphone turned up.  And at this point I
would like to thank all of you who gave me so much information which
helped me to make informed decisions.
>=20=20
>   I'm now itching to go out and start recording.  It is aleady
snowing here most days and I am unsure how the microphone will react
to  cold and dampness.
>=20=20
>   Has anyone else used this in similar conditions, and if so is
there anything I should be aware of?