Re: portable storage devices, continued

Subject: Re: portable storage devices, continued
From: "oryoki2000" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 01:40:36 -0000
antonio celis wrote:

> The price for [the Hyperdrive HD80] looks good.
> Although, in the webpage says that need something
> else?

That's right, for $150 the HD80 does not include a
hard drive.  You have to purchase one separately.
Any 2.5 inch IDE hard drive should work OK.  Prices
range from $50 to $150 depending on the size of
the drive.

If you feel uncomfortable purchasing and installing
a hard disc, you can order from Eastgear in Singapore
http://www.eastgear.com/shop/index.php?cPath=3D17_66

or you can wait a few weeks until the USA distributor
starts selling the HD80 with a hard drive.
http://www.hyperdrive.com/shop/index.php

> I found this one: Wolvernie PSD 80GB=3D 269.00 USD
>http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=3Dproductlist&A=3Ddetail=
s&Q=3D&sku=3D367690&is=3DREG&addedTroughType=3Dsearch

The price looks good.  The only deficiency I see in
the specifications is that the built-in battery is
rated for 6GB of file transfers before it is drained.
The battery can't be replaced, so you have to stop
and recharge it.

In contrast, the Hyperdrive HD80 can transfer about
50GB of files on a set of AA batteries.

--oryoki