some informations about recorders

Subject: some informations about recorders
From: "fabrschmitt" <>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 20:51:26 -0000
Dear friends,

I'm new on this forum, and I need some informations about field
recorders.

I use actually a minidisc recorder (Sharp MD-MT190) with a Telinga
parabolic microphone.
This recorder don't have USB, and I'm oblige to record my sounds an
my hard drive with Cool Edit.

I'm absolutly not an expert, but what I'm looking for is a recorder
who can directly upload the recording on the hard drive via USB
(without record a second time with loss of quality...) and if
possible, directly in mp3.
Someone can tell me what's the most usefull minidisc recorder
actually ?

I also read that a M-Audio Micro Track 24/96 could be very useful in
the field. As this recorder works with an audio card (I just learn
that this kind of recorder exist... I'm a little bit
disconnected...) it seem very useful to download sounds to (and
from) the hard drive of my computer.
Is this recorder (or others using audio card) good ??

One more thing : I record in tropical forest, and often in humid
conditions, so I need a recorder who can work in this conditions and
who have a good autonomy...

thank you very much if you can help me,

by,
Fabrice