Re: Mystical mic positioning, was MT2496 digital input

Subject: Re: Mystical mic positioning, was MT2496 digital input
From: "Mark R." <>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:04:46 +0900
Hi Lou,
  I can relate to how you put seeing the sound. It reminds me of something
that the great recorder of nature ;^) Jimi Hendrix once said, that he could
see sound as colors. That ability to see into the space is something I like
to call getting snake eyed. If you squint your eyes a little and squeeze
your thoughts not only to the subject, but all around, you can enter into a
kind of intuition. I think this intuition is the most important tool that w=
have. Many times I have second guessed myself into unsatisfactory
recordings, although when I am able to feel my way into my subject, it neve=
fails to work. I agree that what is true for nature recording may also true
with instrumental recording. I believe it is a disciplined informed
awareness and empathy with the subject that brings out the subtle vibration=
of a great recording.
  Great Topic!
 Best,
 Mark R.