problems uploading from Hi-MD

Subject: problems uploading from Hi-MD
From: Vitor Piacentini <>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 19:54:51 -0300 (ART)
Dear fellows,

Since I'm new in this group, here is a brief presentation. My name is Vitor=
 Piacentini, I'm a biologist (ornithologist) in Brazil, where I do some res=
earch mainly with birds of Atlantic Forest in the southern States (Santa Ca=
tarina and Paran=E1).

Well, in January this year I bought a sony MZ-NH900 Hi-MD and it is working=
 quite perfectly. However I did have problems when uploading some of my rec=
ordings. That happened specially when I used a standard MD formated to Hi-M=
D. About 6 of 100 files could not be uploaded. There had been a "fatal erro=
r" and I could not even play those files anymore. The same has happened a s=
ingle time after I changed to a 1Gb Hi-MD disc. A friend of mine has a MZ-R=
H910 model and today he lost about 15 files while uploading his recordings.=
 I use to record in HiSP atrac3plus mode; he records in wave PCM. So I'd li=
ke to know if others have had the same problem, what can be the cause and i=
f there is anything tha can be done to avoid it.

In the case this subject has already been discussed, please tell me. I have=
 taken a fast look at the previous messages of the group and could not find=
 anything related.

Regards,

V=EDtor Piacentini
Florian=F3polis - SC - Brasil